Sunday, March 22, 2015

What A Wedding - I'm Beat

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Most of you know I don't stay up late and I'm in bed by 10 p.m.  Yesterday we went to a wedding and if you've ever attended a Mexican wedding it lasts all night and that's no exaggeration.  I didn't attend the church wedding.  I waited until later for the dinner and reception.   

It was one of the best weddings I've ever been to and it was very close to home.  Less than 10 minutes from home.  It looks like the kind of place I want to have my 60th birthday party.

We spent time with the newlyweds, family and friends.  The party went on until after 1 a.m. although we left after 12:30.  I can't go home and go to sleep, I need about an hour to unwind and relax.  

Poncho and Mich (pronounced Mitch, just hitched)

The happy couple as they entered the reception.

First dance!

Several groups of friends were with us.

Finishing desert and then time to . . . 

Dance and party!

All night long!  

There were all kinds of party favors including hard hats for the YMCA dance, the robot on stilts came and danced with us, the conga line, and lots of LED hats, sunglasses and other favors (too many to remember after a few whiskey on the rocks).  But we had a good time.

Today I washed the car, the trailer, and worked around the house until we had a surprise visit from two of Juan's sisters.  Nobody ever surprises us with a visit and we just weren't ready but it turned out to be a fun afternoon.

1 comment: