Monday, August 17, 2015

This Is Peak Season For Me

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

I haven't posted because this is the busy part of the year for me.  School starts next week in Mexico and schools are scrambling for help with their programs.  I have work with the publisher, consulting on my own, and then the courses in Texas high schools and now I can add a week in Zacatecas with the U.S. Embassy.  

This week is a marathon as I will be working with private schools from all parts of Monterrey in teacher training programs.  It is managed by text and by level and starts at 8 a.m. and finishes at 6 p.m. for the next four days, two here in Monterrey and two in Saltillo.  

This season is really starting off big and I have had many calls for asking for consulting.  Even though the dollar is expensive, it hasn't stopped schools from spending.  Of course, I don't charge in dollars, I get paid in pesos but it just shows that the economy continues to grow.  Enrollment in private schools is growing as in the U.S.  Believe it or not, we have schools that cost up to $1500 U.S. per month and there are lots of them, churning out future Mexicans who will run companies and start carry on family businesses.  Public schools are showing quite a bit of competition as the state of Nuevo Leon is investing heavily in the future of Mexicans especially in the area of technology.

Anyway, that's what I have been up to.  Apart from the heat, I have accomplished quite a bit here at home as well, cleaning out closets, kitchen cabinets and improving the yard.  

1 comment:

  1. Happy for you as I know that you thrive on these things. As busy as you will be, take the time to savor the moment and to enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete